Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What To Do With Cabinet Doors


I've had a thing for cabinet doors and was amazed at all of the things someone could make with just a simple door. I found a few cabinet doors at my local peddlers mall and with some other purchases I was able to make three very cute decorative and functional pieces.

The first thing I made was this door with a owl hook. Very cute and chic, but so easy and affordable to make!
DSC_0638

DSC_0634

DSC_0633

DSC_0637

The materials used were:
  • Sky Blue spray paint
  • Vintage white spray paint
  • Hardware and drill
  • Measuring tape
  • Cast iron owl hook
This piece would be perfect for a girls room to hang jewelry or scarves. It would also just be a nice decorative piece to sit on a shelf or entryway.

I also have to mention that the Mr. was in charge of the power tools but I had the vision. The tool and the vision...hehe. He was super helpful and I couldn't have done these projects without him!

To see a full description or buy click here! http://etsy.me/105fSQ3

This door was turned into a chalkboard/storage hanger. It would be perfect for almost any room where you need to write notes and hang small items. I thought this would look nice in a bathroom for hanging towels or in the kitchen. 

DSC_0646

DSC_0641

DSC_0643

The materials used were:
  • Cabinet Door 
  • Sky Blue spray paint
  • Hooks (bought from Lowes)
  • Chalkboard paint
 If you would like to see a full description or buy visit the link! http://etsy.me/ZS1j2jd

One plain cabinet door painted a vintage white with a few antique knobs. Very cute! I just love the peach color and this is perfect for any girls room. It has that shabby chic look which I love and is functional. Perfect for hanging jewelry, towels or what ever tickles your fancy.

DSC_0650

DSC_0656

DSC_0653
Materials used:
  • Vintage white paint
  • Sandpaper ( to distress the corners)
  • Antique glass knobs (found on eBay)
  • Hardware for knobs
  • Drill
Again if you would like to see a full description or buy visit the link http://etsy.me/13iDeaU

No comments:

Post a Comment