Friday, April 12, 2013

Moving On


I've been looking and contemplating on whether or not to add another dog to the family. About two months ago we lost one furry baby, Chuck.

DSC_0018

He suffered from epilepsy and was on seizure medication. I'm not sure what went wrong, and if I lived near an emergency vet clinic I may have been able to help him. At 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning he started seizing and they just wouldn't let up. For at least an hour I sat with him in the kitchen floor trying everything I could, but it just wasn't enough. 
I just recently started looking for puppies up for adoption but in the back of my mind something keeps telling me it's too soon. Its  hard to explain. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has faced these same thoughts if they have lost a dear pet? I still miss him and even as I write this my heart aches. I don't want it to seem like I'm replacing one pet for another. Even Steve, our other dog grieved. For weeks he lost his appetite and acted as though he was looking for his friend. Which I'm sure he was. 

iphone septoctnov12 084

All iphone pics as of june 2012 1161
My fiancĂ© and I are just dog lovers, and I'm sure if we didn't live in an apartment, we would have more. Their more loyal and compassionate than most humans I know. Whoa this is going into a doggy rant. Yay dogs, boo humans! But seriously, it is hard to get that normal feeling back, and it's hard to ignore the absence. 
It's so easy to get attached, and so hard to let them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment